[Nfbmo] Letters can get results

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 19:39:02 UTC 2012

As a follow-up, representative Kelly asked that I give him a call.  I
attended some university classes with his mother, and, though it would be an
exaggeration to say that our relationship is close, he certainly knows who I
am and I know him.

His message to me, while very polite, was essentially that we aren't yet
doing our jobs.  We need to give him the names of fellow representatives who
will be willing to stand with him and offering amendments to the budget.
It's all about counting the votes and finding the money.  It will take some
political courage to get back $28 million.  Please coordinate with Sheila as
you talk with your representatives.  She will need to know whether or not
they are willing to offer or support amendments aimed at putting back or
finding the money for this program.  If you get a note saying "I will
consider your position," call directly.  Acknowledgment of our letters is
not enough.  We need to know where people stand. We need to know if they are
for or against us and whether a bit more information is what they need.

Gary