[Nfbmo] FW: health care for the blind

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 14:37:52 UTC 2012

This comes from David Dillon:

Dear Ms. Carlson:

I am writing you as a blind constituent on behalf of legislation providing
health care to low-income blind persons who are just above the cut line for
Medicaid.  I had a life-threatening illness a year ago where my expenses
were covered by Medicare, and a six-month nursing home stay was covered by
Medicare and Medicaid.  It was an excellent nursing home, and I am well
today.  I owe my life to Medicare and Medicaid.  I was more than fortunate,
I was blessed to receive Medicaid.

 We have to decide as a people whether the vital lives of disabled persons
are worthy, valuable, and justifying of public expenditure.  The blind
persons before your consideration have little property or assets.  They need
you r  compassion and understanding

Sincerely,

David Dillon