[Nfbmo] Helpful Info for convention Goers

Gene Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Fri Mar 23 02:40:14 UTC 2012

(Gary please forward to folks not on list serve)
Can you believe it the 50th annual convention of the National Federation of
the Blind is in less than a week. Below I have tried to put some helpful
information together that will help you when you get there.
The convention registration tables are located in the foyer right outside of
the Ballroom in which most of our activity will be located. Hours for
registration have been reduced and will be from 5:30 to 7:30 Friday night
and from 8:00 to 9:00 Saturday morning

There will be no childcare service as no one signed up by the deadline.

For the luncheon on Saturday please plan on buying tickets on Friday night
if possible so we can get  an accurate count.

Special meals should be Emailed to me  by midnight Sunday. Absolutely do not
request a special meal unless it is absolutely required.  There are only
three alternatives Kosher, Child, and Veggie and if we have more than  a
tiny number the hotel will asses a additional service charge or refuse all
requests.
Dog Guides courtesy of Shelia:
I’m sending this only to you so you can have the final word. When we took a
tour and looked at the dog guide relief area, we found that when coming out
of the front of the hotel the relief area is a right. Smoking is to the left
so though it will be near by you don’t need to walk through the smoking
area. The down stairs exit in the back is not bad because the elevator to
that level is near Ballroom D. If anyone uses that though, they will need
their key to get back in. If someone has severe allegies or breathing
problem the alternative spot may be what they prefer. They could request a
guest room on one of the lower levels for convenience.

We have the following exhibits:

Table 1 National Federation of the Blind of Missouri

Table 2 Kansas City Chapter

Table 3 Student Division

Table 4 Jefferson City Chapter

Table 5 Braille Bibles

Table 6the Missouri National Service Inclusion Project,

We also had an interest expressed from Envision America and ATGuys but have
not received  any confirmation or payment as of yet. If one or both of these
bendors show we may have to double NFB exhibits at one table.

Hospitality will be in Room 1510 from 5:30 to 10:00 Friday night

The Water Resort is in the basement and an additional charge of $10.00 must
be paid to use it. '

I hope this logistical information is helpful.

Gene