[Nfbmo] Challenge ahead of us

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 25 22:00:09 UTC 2012

Folks, I wouldn't put much energy into trying to predict the
future.  Let's put ours into shaping it.  The Senate has decided
nothing; presumably they are open to hear our arguments.  Our
upset seems to be that many aren't rejecting out-of-hand the
recommendation of the House.  Consider how impolitic it would be
to publicly reject a body with whom you must work to fashion a
budget.  If the Senate draws a line in the sand, the House will
feel compelled to do likewise.  For the Senate to publicly make
the House look callous and uncaring will mean both sides will
take positions from which there will be no face-saving way to
retreat.

Let's tell our story to all who will listen, and let the politics
play out as they will.  We are never guaranteed a win but most
certainly will lose if we despair and do nothing.

Warmly,

Gary