[Nfbmo] Baseball at it's finest.

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 18:22:55 UTC 2012

It is fantastic to see some real discussion on this list.  Thanks to all who
are participating.  I think when it comes to articles that it is hard to
find one that will satisfy everybody.  Certainly reporters strain to find
the fantastic and things we consider ordinary, but I think there are times
when we are overly restrictive in what we consider acceptable publicity
about blind people.  I always like to see the message, "he saw the
challenge, he faced it, and he overcame it, saying that blindness was no big
deal."  That's a fine thing when that's what happens, but sometimes the
world is a more difficult place.  This fellow expresses sensations that I
never experienced when attending a baseball game.  I had a lot of fun going,
but my lifeline was the radio.  I enjoyed getting caught up in the cheers,
actually hearing the crack of the bat or the pop of the myth from time to
time, but the thing that kept me really tuned into what was going on on the
field was my six transistor radio, my pride and joy.  I'm up for going to a
baseball game!  Why don't we organize something.