[Nfbmo] NPR.org - Doc Watson, Folk Music Icon, Dies At 89

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 16:09:19 UTC 2012

I also heard this NPR story.  My attention is always gotten when I hear that
someone is blind.  The story was interesting, even though I had never heard
of this guy.  The attitude of the writer wasn't good.  That person thought
the story was newsworthy because he was blind.  I thought it was noteworthy
and would have been, even if his blindness was never mentioned.  He played
the guitar and banjo and is known as the best in his particular kind of
playing.  Read it, if you can.
Susan