[Nfbmo] Fw: [MSB-Alumni] Richard Bernstein's PerfectVotingRecord in Jeopardy

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 23:55:08 UTC 2012

Hi Pete. Voting online may be a really good idea, but I hope we don't get so
caught up in finding an easier way to vote that we lose track of our ability
to audit exactly how we have voted. You may remember that one of the
manufacturers of a voting machine claimed he would deliver Ohio in 2004. Now
he may have the best voting machine in the world, and he has every right to
be politically involved, but you have to question the intelligence of anyone
who runs a voting machine company and promises a state to a political
candidate. This is too much! There simply has to be a way to go back and
count votes, especially in cases where there is a close election, so that
our right to vote really mean something. If we can do this from home,
hallelujah! Until we get things figured out and I no longer have to cancel
my debit card because someone from someplace unknown is buying gift cards
for some other person somewhere else, I don't mind showing up at the polls,
showing my ID, and having a machine mark a ballot that can, if necessary, be
hand counted.

I should say that this view is my own and does not represent the view of the
National Federation of the Blind. Although I don't think I want to end all
of my messages with this disclaimer, I think it is important to separate and
individual opinion from a Federation position.

Warmly,

Gary