[Nfbmo] Nearly blind St. Charles runner changes route due to neighbor con...

Randy Carmack randycarmack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:38:13 UTC 2012

Plenty of marathon runners run down the middle of quiet neighborhood
streets.  It is the way that marathon runners run.  I agree, nobody
should run down the middle of a street but that is not the issue.  I
think that this community would not have a problem with him running
down the middle of the street if he was not blind.  I think they are
too focused on his blindness and not the fact that nobody should run
down the middle of the street.  They should not just stop this guy
simply because he is blind.  I know a normal sighted jogger that runs
down the middle of quiet neighborhood streets in St. Charles and
nobody has said anything to him.  The issue is, they have targeted
this guy simply because he is blind.

Thanks,
Randy Carmack