[Nfbmo] Blind woman removed from Springfield flight

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 9 12:47:21 UTC 2012

I do not know Laurie, but I do know Megan O'Rourke. She had her cane taken
from her on August 8 while traveling to Springfield. The airline has now
confirmed for her that this was against regulations, but when you are
actually in the situation, there is no question that the captain and the
flight crew are the people in charge. The airline is now offering Megan a
free flight and an apology, but what is needed is a more systemic approach
to addressing the problem. If there is a way for us to contact Laurie, we
should do so and try to get her side of this.