[Nfbmo] FW: Meet the Blind Month Information!

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 7 14:12:01 UTC 2013

From: Posner, Ilana [mailto:IPosner at nfb.org]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 11:12 AM
To: Posner, Ilana
Subject: Meet the Blind Month Information!

Dear Federationists,

Meet the Blind Month is fast-approaching! October is an exciting time for us
as we utilize the Meet the Blind Month national campaign to increase
awareness of, and support for, the NFB as the country's leading resource on
living well with blindness and innovative education and rehabilitation for
the blind.

This year as part of Meet the Blind Month we are implementing two
challenges. The first challenge involves fundraising! We are introducing a
nationwide fundraising goal of $62,403! In order to meet this goal, each
respective state will work together to create a team name and an attainable
pledge commitment. I am asking each state to please select a concise
state-identifying team name and a pledge commitment toward our fundraising
goal. Please do so on or before Tuesday, September 3, 2013, so that I may
create your affiliate's fundraising page. Team names should be easy to
remember and hard to misspell. Your selected team name will allow your
donors to see your progression toward your goal. Examples of team names are:
UTAH, CALI, NFBMD, and AZ. These team names are not case-sensitive.

The second challenge is to see which affiliate can generate the most
community involvement during an event. This will be determined based upon a
points-system, which is outlined in the 2013 Campaign Guidelines. Each event
hosted by an affiliate or a chapter that meets the challenge's point-system
eligibility will earn one entry into a drawing for a prize.

It is important that all scheduled events be reported to me by email at
<mailto:iposner at nfb.org> iposner at nfb.org, or phone at (410) 659-9314,
extension 2283, on or before Tuesday, September 24, 2013, to ensure the
event is listed on the Meet the Blind Month Event Calendar. Doing so will
allow individuals to learn of local Meet the Blind Month activities and to
provide them with enough time to plan their attendance.

Attached to this email, please find the 2013 Campaign Guidelines, the
Innovative Event Ideas document, the Event Submission form, and the
Literature Request form. These documents and additional documents will be
available shortly on the Meet the Blind Month homepage.

To recap, please submit the following via e-mail or phone according to the
below schedule.

.        September 3:

o   Your affiliate's team name

o   Your affiliate's pledge and/or call me to discuss and solidify a
challenging yet attainable pledge

.        September 24:

o   Your event(s) for promotion

We appreciate each affiliate's past participation and hope this year will
bring even more participation. If you have any questions about Meet the
Blind Month please contact me by email at iposner at nfb.org, or phone at (410)
659-9314, extension 2283.

Thank you for your time and dedication!

Ilana Posner

Outreach Programs Coordinator

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Phone:(410) 659-9314 ext. 2283

Email:iposner at nfb.org

Web:  <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further

Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please call  <tel:1-855-659-9314> 1-855-659-9314