[Nfbmo] We were a success!

Debbie Wunder debbiewunder at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 13 13:57:38 UTC 2013

February 12, 2013

Last night an historic event occurred, one that we can be proud of. The first meeting of our Show Me State Chapter, member at large met for the very first time. People came from as far away as Union Star, Nevada, Mountain View and Forrest Hill. They were excited, ready to participate, and grateful for the possibility. Already they are asking for how can we help? Several of them will be making calls during our Jefferson City seminar.

Let us all welcome them to our Federation family. As we take on the work to change what it means to be blind in Missouri, we must do it with open minds to new ways. While old ways are still good, we must take on new ways in this modern world to reach people where we never could before.

This chapter will soon be our 8th chapter, and hopefully as we discover new people in the area's they come from we will start new chapters.

I want to thank all of you who helped with making this first meeting a success.

We will meet on the second Monday in March at 6:30; call in number to be announced.

Debbie