[Nfbmo] advocacy

Debbie Wunder debbiewunder at centurytel.net
Sun Feb 17 15:50:41 UTC 2013

Very well said Matt, thank you!

Also I would like to say that our Missouri convention is open to all, and we
welcome all. Rehab Services for the Blind has been one of the best in rehab,
have they ever made mistakes? Yes, of course, fut. over all they have been
great, and want the best for blind Missourians. We have worked in the NFB
well with them for many years, and will continue to do so.

Often as blind people we do not have high expectations of ourselves, but
very high expectations of our agencies. Often we become very spoiled in the
give me, and not so giving of ourselves.

We are not so different than other people in that sometimes the road we
start to travel is not the road for us. You need then to turn around and try
something new. But we also must remember when we enter into a contract with
a state agency we also have the responsibility to try our very best to make
our Endeavour work, not wasting state tax dollars.

All to often I see college students, or even people trained in other area's
finish the training, and then decide it is not for them before even
attempting to find employment.

Matt, thank you for your insight, your words of wisdom, and your tinastity
to take on life.

Debbie