[Nfbmo] Fw: Help us help others who need access to mental health care

McMahon, Cory J cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:12:05 UTC 2013

Dear all,

FYI. (See attached flyer).

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon

----- Original Message -----
From: Lukitsch, Jackie
To: Lukitsch, Jackie
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 11:16 AM
Subject: Help us help others who need access to mental health care

Dear Mental Health Advocates,

A coalition of more than 20 organizations, including MASW and NAMI, is launching a grassroots campaign to expand Medicaid in Missouri to cover ALL Missourians making up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level. Estimates are that this expansion would allow more than 250,000 uninsured Missourians to gain coverage and create more than 24,000 new jobs in Missouri.

Medicaid Expansion will provide nearly 50,000 currently uninsured Missourians with mental illness and/or substance use disorders access to treatment and recovery services-

with 100% Federal reimbursement for the first 3 years, eventually dropping to 90% (Source:  Department of Mental Health).

Please join NAMI St. Louis and other stakeholder organizations for a Medicaid Expansion Campaign Kick-Off Press Conference on Jan. 16. We'll share information about the expansion and hear from faith leaders, community leaders, and affected consumers why expanding Medicaid is both the right thing to do and the smart thing to do.

Press conferences are being held across the state. Please join us to add your voice and let people know that Missourians want to expand Medicaid!

St. Louis Kick-Off Press Conference

Wednesday, January 16, 11:30 am

Kirkwood Baptist Church

211 N. Woodlawn Avenue, Kirkwood, MO 63122

RSVP to Jackie Lukitsch at jackie at namistl.org

NAMI is also looking for caregivers or persons with mental illness who would benefit from Medicaid expansion in Missouri who would be willing to talk to reporters.  If you would be willing to do this, please contact me at jackie at namistl.org or 314-775-1600.

I hope to see you there!  Sincerely  Jackie