[Nfbmo] UMKC and Mizzou

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:10:00 UTC 2013

Good morning,  Thank you all...

Ruby, I didn't know you took piano lessons.  That's awesome.  I'll
have to take piano as well, so it's good to know they have a good
program.

I will be obtaining a masters degree in music, probably a MA in music,
specializing in voice.  If I go to Iowa, I will be getting another
performance degree.  I need a university where the people are willing
to work with me as a blind person, give me performance oppertunities,
and teach me how to become a voice teacher.  I also need an access
office that will help me get my braille music and possibly allow me to
use a computer for my technology.  Right now the best thing going for
Webster is our awesome assistive tech coordinator.  She is the main
reason why I was able to get German and music things in braille.  With
the amount of braille I need, I don't see a way to handle that without
an access office.  Sorry for the long story...  :)

Now Gary, thank you for the advice, but why do you say this?