[Nfbmo] FW: National Federation of the Blind Auction

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 20 00:54:35 UTC 2013

From: Kevan Worley [mailto:kevanworley at blindmerchants.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:25 PM
To: Gary Wunder (Missouri)
Subject: National Federation of the Blind Auction

Greetings colleagues,

A few weeks back, you should have received a letter about our National
Federation of the Blind Amazing Auction Fundraising Effort. I don't know
what we're going to call it. It will begin immediately after Thanksgiving.
We are planning an online auction to raise money for the National Federation
of the Blind Jernigan Institute. Some dollars raised will also be available
for state affiliates. We are still working out all of the details. We have a
national coordinating committee. This committee and the work from your
affiliates or division will be supported by the infrastructure at our
Jernigan Institute. Each member of the coordinating committee will be
responsible for six or seven affiliates and a division. I serve on the
coordinating committee. I have asked to work with this group of states. This
is because you are my favorites. In the next couple of weeks I would like to
have a conversation with each of you to get your input, discuss the plans
which have already been made, drill down into the details of the auction,
and find ways that I can support your effort. Each affiliate will be charged
with providing items for the online auction. Items must be at least $250 in
value. Your members may wish to donate items. The affiliate may wish to
purchase an item to be donated. Members and affiliates should also consider
obtaining donations of items from companies, travel agencies, etc. Together
we will develop an approach that works best for each affiliate. We are
suggesting travel packages, electronics, computer technology, collectibles,
etc. Anyway, we will be raising big money through the amazing, online
auction. I will be calling you over the next few days to set an appointment
so that we can discuss. If you plan to appoint a statewide coordinator or
steering committee for your affiliate, you may wish to have these folks on
that call.

Thank you so much. Let's go win one for the gipper. Whatever that means.

At your service,

cid:image001.jpg at 01CDBCF2.C07B8380

Kevan Worley

Executive Director