[Nfbmo] Traveling From Jeff City Post Convention

Natasha guidingpaws at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 19:03:29 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I will be attending the state NFB convention for the first time this
year. Getting to convention is easy thanks to Amtrak. My transit issue
is travel after convention. I am also attending the Missouri Assistive
Technology conference in Columbia which is the Monday and Tuesday
after NFB-Mo's state convention. So, I need to get from Jeff City to
Columbia sometime on Sunday the 14th. Amtrak doesn't go to Columbia.
Greyhound does go between the two cities. So that's an option so long
as i can travel at 10am on Sunday. I was hoping not to have to leave
convention that early though. Not to mention I can't get into my hotel
room in Columbia until 3pm or so. Does anyone have any brilliant
suggestions or know of something I don't? Everything i have found
online says the best bet is to take a cab. That sounds extraordinarily
expensive! Surely there are NFB people coming and going from the
Columbia area?

Thanks!

--
Natasha and Mighty Marie

"Footsteps in the snow
Suggest where you have been,
Point where you are going,
But where they suddenly vanish,
Never dismiss the possibility of flight."
  ~Book of Night With Moon, ch. 11, V. 3 by Diane Duane
guidingpaws at gmail.com