[Nfbmo] A night at the Arch

Randy Carmack randycarmack at gmail.com
Fri May 17 03:11:50 UTC 2013

Here is a letter that I came across from the St. Louis Society for the
Blind.  It sounds like fun and the price is right.

Hello Everyone,****

** **

We want to let you know of an exciting *free event* for people with visual
impairments and their friends and family.  The National Parks Department
and St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired are partnering to
present a special evening of hands-on, tactile and auditory experiences of
The Gateway Arch*. *

* *

*“A Night at The Arch”* will be held on *Saturday, May 18, 2013, from 6:00pm
to 9:00pm *at the world famous Arch.  It is a *private event for children
and adults who are visually impaired and their families and friends*. ****

** **

*Guests will enjoy a free night* at the Arch and Museum of Westward
Expansion including tram rides to the top of the Arch, hands-on activities
throughout the museum, family and friends photos, and the movies “Monument
to the Dream” and “Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West”,  available in DVS
(descriptive video).  *All activities are free, including parking.*  ****

** **

Please help us get the word out about this special evening by passing along
or posting the attached flyer. We are also glad to*send you printed or
Braille copies of this flyer so that you can pass them along* to your
students, families and others who might enjoy this special evening! This
event is open to *any child or adult who is blind or visually impaired and
their family and friends*.****

** **

We are *also in need of volunteers* to assist us in serving as human guides
to assist those with visual impairments from the parking garage, public
transportation drop offs to the Arch and indoors between exhibits and
activities.  We have other needs, including a photo booth, and helping to
distribute a light snack to guests.****

** **

If interested in *volunteering* please contact Lucy McCalpin at*314-301-7367
* or lucymc at slsbvi.org.****

** **

To *request printed or Braille flyers* please contact Karen Spencer at her
direct number, *314-301-7308 or e-mailkspencer at slsbvi.org*****

** **

Information on the event can also be found at our website,www.slsbvi.org****

** **