[Nfbmo] 2014 Convention Announcement

Gene Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Sun May 19 04:20:41 UTC 2013

thanks

From: Horchem Gary
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:23 PM
To: escoulter at centurytel.net ; nfbmo at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [Nfbmo] 2014 Convention Announcement

The 2014 state convention is now available on the website.
>>> "Gene Coulter" <escoulter at centurytel.net> 05/18/13 3:18 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

As you all know I expressed some concern at the board meeting at State
Convention about next year’s convention which was supposed to be in
Columbia. My worst fears came to pass as right after convention Gary
Wunder
and I met with the Quality Inn and we mutually decided to seek a
different
location for our 2014 convention. Over the past month it seemed like a
full
time job trying to seek any location. About a week ago I even seriously
considered getting the state board together to see what direction to go
perhaps skipping Columbia. I had received only two bids one from Rolla
and
one from the Capitol Plaza in Jefferson City.

I had the Columbia Convention and Visitor’s Bureau working with me
pleading
to local hotels not to let our business go. I had one hotel that refused
bid until September which is totally not acceptable. So, I was
relentless in
my pursuit of the three remaining possibilities. This week I finally got
the
word I had been waiting for. The long and short of it is that is as
follows:

Announcing the 52nd Annual Convention of the National Federation of the
Blind of Missouri in Columbia at the Holiday Inn Select at 2200 I70
Drive
SW. The convention will run from Thursday March 27

Through Sunday March 30. Room rates are $84.95 for singles, doubles,
triples and quads. No more than four people in a room. Tax is 11.975%
making
the total cost  about $97.00 a night or about $6.50 more than in 2013. I

called to make a reservation for these dates and was quoted a cheapest
price
of $124.00 a night for these dates. Reservation deadline is March 4,
2014.
All planned meals remain at the same price as 2013. The hotel has two
restaurants. For breakfast, lunch and dinner there is the ESPN Sports
zone
and for dinner only is the four star high priced Churchills. There is
also a
small atrium  watering hole that also provides light breakfast items.
The
hotel has the largest fitness center of any hotel in the Midwest and an
indoor pool. Wi-Fi is available in all public areas.

Important notes: Check out is 11:00 am and is not movable. Late checkout

will be assessed an additional half day’s room rate. Exhibitor will need
make their desires known several weeks in advance as the contract states
we
will provide  a list of all exhibitors to the hotel well in advance.
Nfbmo:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmo_nfbnet.org/horchemg%40gary-springfield-mo.net