[Nfbmo] the lighthouse situation

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Fri May 24 03:12:26 UTC 2013

Gary:

Brent is one of those laid off.  You can ask him about it if you like, but
it sounds as though the item from the paper sent by Donna Gail and the
comment from Robyn tell the same story.  Brent says they did give them some
braille materials discussing other work options, but he hadn't read it when
I talked to him yesterday.  Apparently, they don't think it is just a short
lay-off like they have seen in the past.  This would change, of course, if
some government contract came through, but it is not expected.  He said they
had been warned, but they didn't expect it just now.  Work has been
decreasing for two years or so, so it is not altogether because of the
sequester.

Susan