[Nfbmo] from NFBC

Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Fri Dec 19 17:06:29 UTC 2014

from Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
-----Original Message-----
From: Frida Aizenman
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 10:42 AM
To: Nancy Lynn ; NFB of California List
Subject: Re: [Nfbc-info] Florida Christmas

>From my respectable pack rat file:
[Nfbc-info] December Bulletin
NFBC Bulletin
December 2004
To: All Chapter Presidents and members
Happy Holidays from the NFBC staff

’Twas the Night

’Twas the night before Christmas, Hanukah and Ramadan
When all through the land
Federationists were stirring
A party was planned.

Proclamations were hung
By the chimney with care
In hopes that blind people
Soon would be there.

But some were still nestled
All snug in their beds
While visions of accessible point-of-sale machines
Danced in their heads.

But out on the lawn
There arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed
To see what was the matter.

Away to the window
I flew like a flash
I got there so quickly
I hoped not to crash.

But what to my wondering
Ears should I hear
But a group of Federationists
All shouting, “We’re here!”

With a little old driver
So lively and quick
I thought for a moment
This must be some trick.

With white canes and guide dogs
These Federationists came
They were singing and dancing
And called out my name.

And then in a twinkling
I heard at the door
Bay Area, Beach Cities,
CABS and much more.

The Chapter on Aging
Followed the Diabetes Network,
They greeted Pasadena
Then turned with a jerk.

They were dressed all quite fancy
>From their heads to their feet
Guiding Lights and High Desert
No one missed a beat.

Monterey and Mt. Diablo
Brought a jolly old elf
And I laughed when I saw him
In spite of myself.

North San Diego, Orange County
And OCB were just fine
Parents and Pathfinders
And Napa brought wine.

River City, San Fernando
San Francisco by the Bay
Shasta Cascade, San Joaquin
Met Santa Barbara on the way.

Tri-Valley brought gifts
For new chapters two
West Los Angeles members
And the chapter CAGDU

Country Village brought cookies
That were topped with a cherry
Federationists had gathered
For a party so merry.

As the wassail cups emptied
We savored the last bite
Federationists were mingling
The evening’s just right.

The music grew softer
It was time to take flight
Happy holidays to all
And to all a good night!

(Nancy Burns)
###

Nancy Burns, President
ph: 818 . 558 . 6524 fax: 818 . 729 . 7930