[Nfbmo] letter from the editor of the Ziegler

NJ Lynn freespirit at accessibleworld.org
Mon Jan 6 23:38:14 UTC 2014

Letter from the Editor

Hello Everyone,

The Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind was founded to help satisfy the need for reading material for the blind. Over the past 107 years, technology has changed so dramatically that the majority of periodicals are as accessible to the blind as our magazine.

In this information age, blind people have access to resources that would have astonished any of the magazine's first readers, and this is recognized by the board of the Matilda Ziegler Publishing Company.

At this time the need for and the role of the Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind is less clear, and the board has decided to review the current state of the magazine. Until such time as a decision on the desired direction of the magazine has been made, publication will be suspended.

We thank you for your readership and will keep you informed.

Sincerely,
Ren Brighton, Editor