[Nfbmo] writing to Senator Blunt

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 15 19:40:01 UTC 2014

Hello, folks. Late last week I wrote to you, forwarding a request from Jesse
Hartle that we contact Sen. Roy Blunt. Here is the letter that I wrote to
him. I hope others of you have done so already. Thanks for your help. Gary

Hello, Lauren. I write to encourage Senator Blunt's support of the treaty on
the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. One of the
greatest needs of blind people is access to information, and, in truth, we
need a worldwide effort to address this. Blindness is a low incidence
disability. This means that people are apt to ignore us when they designed
products, goods, and services for the general public. A worldwide treaty
will not only help blind people around the world by ensuring that they have
basic rights that we take for granted, but it will allow them to add their
voices two hours as we work for the kind of equality of opportunity that
makes all the difference in whether or not blind people are integrated into
the fabric of our society as students, employees, and fully participating
citizens. Please encourage the Senator's support, and do me the courtesy of
telling me where he stands on this issue. Thank you very much.

Gary Wunder, President

Gary Wunder, President