[Nfbmo] Legal Disclosure

Eugene S. Coulter via Nfbmo nfbmo at nfbnet.org
Sun Jun 1 19:46:51 UTC 2014

Greetings,
Below you will find two things. First is a disclosure  that we are required to provide our membership well in advance of our convention at the Sheraton  Clayton Plaza Hotel March 26-29, 2015. Second are some details regarding convention so you can  plan for travel and the cost associated with the event.

What you should know, the disclosure:
1.
A deposit equal to [one night’s stay] will be required to hold each individual’s reservation. Such deposit shall serve to confirm the reservation for the date (s) indicated, and, upon check-in, shall be applied to the [first] and/or [final] night of the reserved stay.  These deposits paid by individuals are refundable if notice is received at least three  days] prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained.  [All deposits shall be charged at the time the reservation is made.]

2. No food or beverage may be served in any meeting room except that provided by the hotel. This excludes the hospitality room and individual drinks or snacks brought in by attendees. Also, this is not meant to stifle fund raising efforts such as selling candy bars, etc. but is meant to prevent things like ordering pizza to a meeting from an outside source.

3. EARLY DEPARTURE FEE-In the event that a guest who has reserved a room within your block checks out prior to the guest's reserved checkout date, an early departure fee of $55.00 will be charged to that guest's individual account. Guests wishing to avoid this fee must advise the hotel at or before check-in of any change in the scheduled length of stay.  The Hotel will inform members of your group of this fee upon check-in.  *Fee will not be charged in case of emergency.

4. All guest rooms and public spaces are Smoke-Free.  A $200.00 cleaning fee will be charged to any guest if evidence of smoking is found in the room.
5. The deadline for making reservations is 5:00 pm CST march 6, 2015. The hotel has discretion to accept reservations at group rate after that date.

5. Dog Guide Owners are solely responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. The hotel will furnish trash cans in the relief area.

Planning:
Room rates are $84.00 a night for king standard or queen standard single, double, triple, or quad. Executive King room is $114.00 a night and a one bedroom suite is $124.00 a night. No more than 4 persons to a room. taxes are 15.24%  as of August of 2013., this may increase to at least 15.99% if the transportation sales tax is passed this August which does not include any additional changes that various governments may enact.
Registration and Meals
Electronic registration will  be back this year. There will be no difference in cost for mail-in or electronic registration.However, it to save money attendees are urged to register in advance as the cost of both registration and meals increases if not done prior to  March 15,2015.
Here are the costs:
Registration completed online or postmarked by March 15 $15.00 after March 15 $20.00
Banquet ticket  in advance $30.00 after March 15 $35.00
Friday Lunch in advance $15.00 after March 15 $18.00
Saturday lunch in advance $15.00 after March 15 $18.00
Prayer Breakfast in advance $12.00  after March 15 $15.00
Exhibit tables are still free for chapters and divisions and remain $30.00 for individual entrepreneurs and outside organizations.
The layout is very simple for meetings and exhibits as the  elevator takes you to the lower lobby for the 8 rooms we will be using  throughout the convention, they are the only rooms on that level. The exhibits will be set up in this relatively small area along with registration. The only other rooms on the floor are the rest rooms.  The banquet room is on the lobby level.

Only 298 days to state convention! More details later. As I said the primary reason for this message is to meet contractual obligations that our membership be notified of some of the clauses
Gene Coulter