[Nfbmo] City Utilities transit to discontinue line 3 East Division

Horchem Gary via Nfbmo nfbmo at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 19:14:37 UTC 2014

>From City Utilities Transit director "Fixed Route Advisory Committee -
In our last meeting we discussed the possibility of discontinuing Line 3 due to low ridership.  Unfortunately the ridership on Line 3 has not grown to a sustainable level. We believe the resources currently dedicated to Line 3 could be utilized better in other parts of our system.  You may recall Line 3 was added in late 2012 on a trial basis.

Effective July 6, 2014 City Utilities Transit will discontinue service on Line 3.  However the areas served by Line 3 will continue to have service from Line 2, Line 4 and Line 10.  Since the areas covered by Line 3 will still continue to have service from other lines and the change does not decrease 25% or more of the revenue miles of route, we do not plan to have a public meeting.  This is consistent with City Utilities Policy 4.26 - Public Comment Process on Fare / Service Changes.

City Utilities Transit has placed a notice on the Transit website indicating this change and the effective date.  This information will also be posted on all buses, at the Bus Transfer Station and the Transit Offices.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and thank you for your support of City Utilities Transit.

Chris Jones
Director - Transit
City Utilities of Springfield, Missouri

417.831.8784 Office