[Nfbmo] Reading Captcha Codes

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 14 12:59:24 UTC 2014

Hello, Dennis. Recent versions of JAWS for Windows allow for a person to do
OCR, but the captcha is not meant to be solved by OCR. It is convoluted,
complicated, and constructed in such a way that a person really has to be
able to see it and use the power of the brain to discern what it is. There
was a site that one could use with Firefox to transmit an image and have
someone visually decrypt it. I thought I heard that it went away. I'm afraid
all of this leads to my recommendation that you wait until you next have a
human screen reader.