[Nfbmo] Technology Seminar Windows 8.1

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 15:07:17 UTC 2014

I would like to know about the major differences between Windows 7 and
Windows 8.1 so that I can better understand the difficulty I'm likely to
have as I transition. Does it work well with screen readers? Can you
demonstrate the use of email, the web, word processing, and doing searches
for programs or files? Can you show us how to search for a given text string
and get the list of files in which that appears? These are some of the
things that would interest me.