[Nfbmo] FW: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] News From Baltimore: Please Share Widely

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 28 14:14:48 UTC 2015

From: State-affiliate-leadership-list
[mailto:state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
President, National Federation of the Blind via
State-affiliate-leadership-list
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:03 AM
To: State Affiliate Leadership (state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org)
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] News From Baltimore: Please Share
Widely

Fellow Federationists:

During the last twelve hours we have received a number of correspondence
inquiring about the wellbeing of our members in Baltimore and our national
staff. Everyone should be reassured that to our knowledge none of our
members or staff have been harmed by protest activities in Baltimore.

As you know, our national headquarters is located in the southern part of
Baltimore city. Protest activities have been focused on the downtown area
(more than a mile north of our building) and on the west side of the city.
As a civil rights organization with a long history of peaceful protest
activities, we can appreciate the great frustration and passion that is at
the root of the current protests in Baltimore. Despite the individuals who
have turned peaceful protests into acts of destruction in Baltimore, we are
finding many positive examples of people standing with courage to make a
point but also to protect the property and wellbeing of Baltimore's
citizens.

As always, the thoughts and prayers of our Federation family are deeply
appreciated. We continue to be hopeful that we will all continue to be out
of harm's way. The work of the Federation continues at our national office
and we do not expect any disruptions to our work at this time.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Phone: (410) 659-9314

Fax: (410) 659-5129

Email: officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono and @NFB_Voice

Web:  <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

blindness is not what holds you back.

We are celebrating our 75th year and planning for the future we will build
together!

Make your contribution
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1>  to that future
now.