[Nfbmo] How to deal with well-intentioned sighted folks?

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:30:12 UTC 2015

Hello Erin:

There is an old saying that goes something like: "When everybody thinks
alike, there's not much thinking going on."

I certainly don't begrudge people their new-found eyesight, hearing, or
ability to walk. You and I and other members of the Federation are not in
denial because we have been exposed to a positive philosophy of blindness.
What ends up happening however is that many people don't put these articles
in the proper context and as a result, they end up hanging on to the false
promise of a "cure" for themselves or a family member.

Regards

Daniel