[Nfbmo] The NFB Community Service Division

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 02:02:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As some of you know, I was elected vice president of the newly-formed Community Service Division at last year’s National Convention. This is a really exciting time for the division because we are working on strengthening our committees, building our membership, and mapping out our goals and projects for 2015 and beyond, and I wanted to see if any of my fellow Missouri Federationists would be interested in either joining the division’s listserv or taking a more active role in the division by serving on a committee. I chair the social media committee, which is in charge of the division’s Twitter, Facebook, listserv, and blog, but we also have a projects and partnerships committee, a fundraising committee, and a publications committee. So there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the effort to engage more blind people in community service and to educate more people about the capacity of the blind to give back to our communities.

If anyone has questions about the division—who we are, what we’re doing, etc.—or would like to get involved in any way, feel free to send me an e-mail at christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net. You can also check us out in the following ways: