[Nfbmo] BP-Part D problems

Eugene S Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Sat Jan 17 07:26:50 UTC 2015

Actually, the law has always said that FSD obtain what they call
"collateral" contact information. This is not just for financial information
but also so they can ask if you are still a resident of Missouri and whether
or not you are working. In the case of Food Stamps and Temporary Assistance
for Needy Families they can also ask who is in the home among other
intrusive stuff. It is a bogus part of the form as what friend is going to
snitch on another friend. The only time I had anyone tell me something
useful is when friends had a major fight but that was rare. In the last few
years I worked there policy was ignored as there just isn't enough time to
call people and sometimes have to try 3 or 4 times before getting the
information.
So, my guess is that  with this in mind Bryan is correct in that workers
know it is a waste of precious time so most of them are saying don't worry
about it. However, if you don't list the "collateral contacts" FSD can send
you a request for information demanding them if a caseworker has a bit of
time on their hands (not likely) This is more likely in a very small county
or with a particular worker in the KC area.
Gene