[Nfbmo] State convention past and future

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Tue Mar 31 02:58:42 UTC 2015

I think Dacia has very valid points on elections and secret ballots.

Melissa did a great job with the elections. Keep in mind that we often have
a new committee chair each year and those of us with experience need to help
be sure that they know about decisions which have been made in the past to
expedite elections.   Let's look at our written guidelines for the
nominating committee, and be sure that it clearly describes the secret
ballot and revise it if critical information is missing. Competition in our
elections is frequent and it seems like history repeats itself every four or
five years.

I hope we don't choose to eliminate secret ballots or make it difficult for
someone to call for a secret ballot.

Shelia