[Nfbmo] NFBMO Website

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 01:09:06 UTC 2015

One of the things Gary Horchem would like to discuss at the board meeting is
how we view the website as it now exists. Is it accessible? Are you able to
get the information you want? If you are a sighted user, does the website
look attractive? If you are legally blind but observe the web visually, are
the color and contrast suitable for your reading? We will appreciate any
constructive criticism we can get on Saturday and beyond.

On a very positive note, Bryan Schulz has agreed to help us develop a web
application we can use for maintaining the Blind Missourian list. With any
luck we will be able to update it using the web, and Carol will be able to
print labels without worrying about doing a conversion from Excel. With the
right kind of security we should be able to take some of the load off of her
in terms of updating names and addresses for chapter and division members.
Hats off to Bryan for taking the lead on this.

Gary Horchem would like to remind everyone that updates for the website are
still going through him. We certainly have generated some fliers it will be
good to have on the site.

I look forward to seeing many of you on Saturday.