[Nfbmo] Update on Subminimum wage

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 10 21:31:33 UTC 2015

The information I sent earlier about the board of alderman meeting being
closed is incorrect. The meeting is not closed, and in fact they will meet
at 10 AM tomorrow morning. I believe they are going to do what is called a
first reading of the bill tomorrow, and they ought to have to be looking
blind people in the face as they do this. We should make every effort to
write and call those people who represent our members in St. Louis. Those of
us who live outside the St. Louis area should certainly make our voices
heard and offer whatever wisdom we can on the subject, but the alderman and
the mayor are undoubtedly most interested in what their constituents have to
say.

I believe that I have already sent along the letter that I wrote to the
mayor and the board of alderman. In a separate post I will forward the
letter written by President Riccobono.

I welcome your thoughts as to how we can best communicate our desire that
blind people be included in any adjustment to the minimum wage. Thank you.

Gary Wunder, President