[Nfbmo] FW: UEB in MO

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 18 17:34:35 UTC 2015

From: Mascheck, Jennie [mailto:Jennie.Mascheck at msb.dese.mo.gov]
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 12:32 PM
To: Barney, Geoffrey; Blades, Anthony; Anderson-Ituarte, Julie J; Linkon,
Drew; Hairston, Gale; Pappert, Douglas A; Davidson, Betty; Smith, Karen;
Bales, Terri L.; Carl, Karen; skemp at columbia.k12.mo.us; skilbride at bssd.net;
kristina.rains at lsr7.net; Louise Whitworth; Ajuwon, Paul M;
donna.riegel at sos.mo.gov; Moore, Janet R; mbvol at sbcglobal.net; Whitlock,
Brenda; Roderick, Keith A; 'gwunder at earthlink.net'; chris at moblind.org; Clay
Berry; Thompson, John; David Ekin; Debbie Naucke; Nicola Heskett; Wendy
Jackson
Subject: UEB in MO

Hello All,

In May, I wrote requesting your assistance in gathering information
regarding MO activities related to the transition from English Braille
American Edition to Unified English Braille. Attached is a summary (that I
indicated I would share) of responses received to date regarding MO
activities and plans relative to UEB implementation. Thanks to everyone for
their responsiveness and participation. If I have made any errors in
reporting or you would like to add information, please contact me.

Also want to share this information on supporting students who are older in
making the transition from EBAE to USB from the Paths to Literacy website
http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/.

Transition to UEB (Unified English Braille)

By Paths to Literacy Staff, August 2015

The Paths to Literacy Staff have been adding new lessons to Paths to
Literacy focused on helping older students make the transition from EBAE to
UEB.  Four of them have been posted so far and more are being added each
week.  These are currently available:

UEB Lesson 1: Eliminated EBAE Part Word Contractions No Longer Used in UEB

http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/strategies/ueb-lesson-1-eliminated-ebae-part-
word-contractions-no-longer-used-ueb

UEB Lesson 2: Eliminated EBAE Part Word Contractions No longer Used in UEB

http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/strategies/ueb-lesson-2-eliminated-ebae-part-
word-contractions-no-longer-used-ueb

UEB Lesson 3: New Spacing in UEB

http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/strategies/ueb-lesson-3-new-spacing-ueb

UEB Lesson 4: Typeform Indicators used in UEB

http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/strategies/ueb-lesson-4-typeform-indicators-u
sed-ueb

If you would like to find out about more lessons like this, they invite you
to register for FREE on the site:
http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/user/register.

Jennie Mascheck|Coordinator |Outreach Services|Missouri School for the
Blind|314-633-1587|msb.dese.mo.gov