[Nfbmo] this morning's business

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Mon Apr 4 05:23:06 UTC 2016

Nancy and Friends,

There were five board positions up for elections:
Gene Fleeman, Melisa Smith, Daniel Garcia, and Chris Tisdal were re-elected
to the board.
As was reported Saturday morning, Roger Crome was nominated by the
Nominating Committee for the board position formerly held by Gary Horchem.
Amy Plumlee and Jenny Corneal were nominated from the floor. Roger Crome was
elected.
Gary Wunder was elected as the Delegate to national convention and Shelia
Wright as the alternate delegate.
Second Vice President Julie McGinnity chaired during much of this morning's
session.
It was announced that Missouri RSB now has a contract with the Louisiana
Center for the blind.
Gene Coulter talked about next year's state convention in Kansas City, April
7-9, 2017.

This is a few of the highlights from this mornings session. It certainly is
not an official report but what this exhausted Federationists can recall
after a wonderful convention with my Federation friends.

The Springfield Chapter did a great job hosting this year's convention and
the hotel was one of the best I've seen in many years. The facilities,
staff, and food were very good.
were missed seeing those of you that could not be with us. I'm sure others
will be sharing more soon!

Shelia

Shawnee Korff won the KNFB App Raffle.
Gary Wunder won the NFB of Missouri 50/50 Drawing and ended up donating his
portion to the state affiliate.
The new Schwan's Campaign begins tomorrow and the code is 26337. I believe
that information has been sent out on the Listserve.
We have a new 50/50 drawing. Tickets will be available until the national
convention in July. The drawing will take place at the national convention.
You do not have to be present to win.

We set aside funds to help members to attend the National convention. Dan
Flasar will Chair the Committee.