[Nfbmo] Blind Pension Information

Eugene S Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 5 02:08:39 UTC 2016

A message from Family Support Division about Blind Pension/Supplemental Aid to the Blind:

Last week they reinstated the automatic closing/adverse action process in the Family Support Division’s computer system.  This is where the system automatically enters the closing, rejection or sends a letter stating we are going to close due to not receiving the information by the 10 working day.  Unbeknownst to all this action was also retroactive.  I just wanted to give you each a heads up in case you started to hear from people that their cases were closing.  I also wanted to assure you that we are doing everything on our power to keep cases from closing or cancel rejecting/closing the cases as we can.  We are being very flexible in this.  Customers can continue to call the toll free number if they have questions or if they are worried their case is closing (because they received a closing letter) and they had sent in their information.

We are all very worried about our customers but I wanted you to be aware that we are trying to get ahead of it so it doesn’t cause any undue stress on those involved but there may be times where we can’t do anything ahead of time but we will certainly work to get everyone back on track.  We appreciate everyone’s patience at this time.