[Nfbmo] Hang onto your hats & toupees, a big bag of wind is blowing no good for disabled people

Eugene S Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 7 19:24:36 UTC 2016

While I agree that it would have been great to have a positive story on the
25th anniversary of the ADA it is equally important to  hear about abuses in
the law. I watched the 60 minutes story and had little problem with it. It
is entirely  appropriate to reveal  what used to be called "ambulance
chaser" lawyers taking advantage of the law to make millions of dollars  by
recruiting  disabled people to sue businesses. One lawyer had over 2,000
clients. One thing that made the lawyer's actions  damning is that
businesses   were not asked to fix the problems  before the lawsuits were
filed.
Unfortunately  you would not expect in a story like this for them to cover
the positive aspects of the ADA much as you would not expect  that a story
on steroid use in baseball would be for them to talk about the players who
were not using steroids.
Just my thoughts.
Gene