[Nfbmo] Fwd: [nfbmi CABS

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 20:47:46 UTC 2016

Kim,

   This is a question for a lawyer.
Dan

In a message dated 1/28/2016 10:00:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
nfbmo at nfbnet.org writes:

That's  always such a tough thing. Your only recourse would be to sue the
driver of  the SUV, but unfortunately you can't get blood out of a tyrnup.
I'll never  claim to know all the legalities of something like this, but I'm
not sure that  the responsibility falls on the cab company in a case where it
was not the  fault of the cab driver. If you were driving, and  your car
was rear  ended by someone, it would be much the same situation. I would
assume the cab  company has reported the driver to the state for not having
insurance, but if  not, I certainly would.

All the best,