[Nfbmo] partial accessability

Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Thu Mar 10 23:47:36 UTC 2016

I went to the post office with a friend and saw a rather strange little device sitting on the counter. It was a little flat box with several strangely marked buttons on it, but no detectable number keypad. Along the bottom in clear grade 2 old braille were these words: customer display enter pin. However, of course, I still needed my friend to do the transaction since, as I said, there was no useable keypad. So, why did they bother writing on it in braille at all? Oh, and a funny little aside. As I said, this was in pre-UEB braille complete with the lower d for the dis sign. I thought later that it could have been read as 4play, as in customer 4play enter pin. Really? Right out there in front of God and everybody? LOL.
"Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith."
Margaret Shepard, author