[Nfbmo] JAWS with Windows 10 question

Roger Crome rogerc at lifecilmo.org
Mon Mar 14 17:22:44 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
I am trying to help someone set up a computer that he just purchased.  It
has Windows 10, and I was able to get Cortana activated.  I was trying to
operate the computer using Cortana and realized that Cortana is listening to
the narrator.  I was thinking of getting JAWS for this guy but I am
concerned that there will be an issue.  Is there someone on this list that
utilizes both Cortana and JAWS?  If so, do you have to use a headset?

The man never learned keyboarding, and I'm trying to get him started with as
few keyboard commands as I can.  My hope is that this will come with the
comfort of learning.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Roger Crome
Mineral Area Chapter