[Nfbmo] some ideas for attracting convention participation

carol j coulter cjcoulter at centurytel.net
Thu Mar 17 22:19:53 UTC 2016

I agree Amy. I think people get out of something only as much as they put
into it. When Gary asks for ideas for things to put on the agenda, I hear
people asking for the same things. New ideas are not brought up and if they
are it is to late. You can't ask guest speakers to come at the last minute.
Entertainment is great but for those chapters who have hosted lately you
know how much that can cost. If you want the affiliate to cover the cost are
we ready to pay for higher registration rates to cover the cost. We use to
do a lot more spontaneous singing at banquets. It wasn't planned but rather
our spirit and pride as to why we have a convention that fueled the
excitement at our convention. We should all come pumped up and full of
positive attitudes instead of the self fulfilling prophesy that you are
going to have a boring time. Life is to short lets live it to the fullest
and with a positive attitude. Just a thought.
CarolC