[Nfbmo] Braille Challenge National Contest

Linda A.Coccovizzo Linda.Coccovizzo at MCCKC.EDU
Tue May 3 16:52:42 UTC 2016

Hi all. My girls participate in the Kansas Regional Braille Challenge each year. We are in Missouri, but KSSB is  our region. There are 6 students from Kansas regionals who scored high enough to go to the national contest this year. There is one other in Missouri from the regional challenge held in St. Louis, who qualified. Terra, my youngest daughter, participated on the freshman level in the regional challenge this year. She placed 2nd, however her scores were high enough to qualify her for the national contest to be held in LA. Unfortunately, we don't find out who is going until around the 1st of May, which doesn't give us much time to prepare for the expense of such a trip. I have been trying to think of something we could do to raise some funds to help us out, and I was hoping a few of you might have some ideas. I'm not very crafty, but I was wondering if there is something Terra and I can make to sell; hopefully something that will accomplish promoting braille literacy, as well as helping to raise funds for our trip. Thanks for any ideas you might send my way. Also, here is the link to the list of finalists for the 2016 Braille Challenge!

Linda C.

http://www.brailleinstitute.org/braillechallenge-for-students/2016-finalists.html