[Nfbmo] FW: State Rehab Council for the Blind (SRCB) Report

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Sat Oct 1 01:34:49 UTC 2016

The next Public Forum and meeting will be November 3 & 4 in Kansas City. The
exact Location in KC has not been announced. In the minutes approved at our
August 12 meeting,some employments given as examples were several teachers,
help/desk/call center workers, farmers that grow berries and Shitachi
mushrroms for "Fresh to Table restaurants, health care workers/nurse aids,
There are no set jobs. Each year brings different situations and one must
look aty the community the individual lives in and think outside the box. WE
hear about different types of jobs, sometime have an opportunity to meet
successful RSB consumers at the forums, and usually have success stories in
the annual reports.

Jim Brinkmann will be speaking at our Empowerment to Employment and Success
Seminar on Oct 22 and I think he may be able to address some of the types of
jobs he has seen be a pathway to success for some RSB consumers.

Hope to see many of you tomorrow.
Shelia