[Nfbmo] Answers for Facebook

amy plumlee olddrumnfb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 21:15:38 UTC 2016

Hello,
Recently I have had several questions about our NFB of Missouri Facebook page I would like to answer some of these now.
This is only for looking on your computer not your phone.
When you pull up our page National Federation of the Blind of Missouri there should be a cover photo at the top. On the left hand side next to the page name there should be a pull down arrow with the word liked. If you have already liked the page. Once you click on the pull down Item there will be different options. First one will be unfollow. You don’t want to do this because you will never see the post. Below that there is a See it first option. Ideally you want this one. It will post towards the top of your newsfeed. The next item after see it first would be the default one.
For those of you who already have liked the page and are still not seeing the post. You need to go on the page and LIKE a few of the posts or COMMENT on them. After doing this it should start popping up on your newsfeed more.Between putting the page as a see it first and liking post it should pop up. If you don’t keep liking the posts they will start to go away and you will not see them again. This is how Facebook works. It wants you to interact more with the pages.

I am planning on having a Social Media 101 training on sunday Oct 16th at 3pm. The line to call and access code will be given out later. Just wanted to let everyone have advanced notice. This call will be for very basic questions about Facebook or Twitter. For example how to set up a personal page. What are likes? what does sharing mean?

There will be a different call at a different date for an advanced training. For example how to set up a chapter page. How to get more promotion through the chapters Facebook page. Things like this.

If anyone has any other questions I am happy to help. You can call me at 660-441-1907 , email me at olddrumnfb at gmail.com or send me a Facebook message.

Amy Plumlee
Social Media committee chairperson