[Nfbmo] RSB Paid Internship Program - Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Internships

St. Julien, Michael A Michael.A.StJulien at dss.mo.gov
Wed Sep 28 18:26:25 UTC 2016

Good Afternoon,

Missouri Rehabilitation Services for the Blind is now accepting applications for our new Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor-Internship Program.  These are paid internships.  Availability is limited.  For more information please see below.  Thank you.

Rehabilitation Services for the Blind
Paid Internship Opportunity Announcement

FOR: Summer-Fall-Spring semesters
POSITION TITLE: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor-Intern

DUTIES/JOB DESCRIPTION:  The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor-Intern (VRC-I) works under the general supervision of the District Supervisor.  Additionally the VRC-I will mentor with an experienced Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC).

The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor-Intern (VRC-I) is responsible for assisting blind and visually impaired clients to obtain, or retain employment.  VRC-I's provide guidance and counseling regarding the client's personal and vocational adjustment throughout the rehabilitation process.  The VRC-I will assist clients through informed choice in determining appropriate vocational goals.  VRC-I's will learn federal and agency policies for eligibility determination through the use of medical reports.  The VRC-I will use comprehensive assessment strategies to determine services and service provision.  Essential job duties include assisting with and conducting initial interviews, conducting comprehensive vocational evaluations, and Individualized Plan of Employment (IPE) development.  VRC-I's will learn a variety of job development and job placement strategies including contacting employers, assessing employers' needs, and providing resources and education to employers and clients.  VRC-I's will work with an experienced counselor to provide technical assistance, and resource sharing to clients, families, and community stakeholders.

HOURS:  15-20 hours per week.

REQUIREMENTS:  Intern applicants must be seeking a degree from an accredited school of rehabilitation counseling, counseling, guidance and counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, or social work.

COMPENSATION:  $12 - $15 per hour

HOW TO APPLY:  Complete the Department of Social Services (DSS) Application for Employment with resume and submit it to your local Rehabilitation Services for the Blind Office. Applicants being considered will be contacted for an in-person interview.  Applicants selected for an internship will be required to complete a background check.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  November 4, 2016

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:  Please contact your local RSB District Office.

Michael St.Julien
Assistant Deputy Director
Missouri Rehabilitation Services for the Blind
573-751-4989 (Office)
573-680-4074 (Cell)
573-751-4984 (Fax)
michael.a.stjulien at dss.mo.gov

"This communication is being transmitted by the Department of Social Services (DSS), and is confidential, privileged, and intended only for the use of the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution,  or use of the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender and destroy the material received."