[Nfbmo] Senate Bill 43

Roger Crome rogerc at lifecilmo.org
Thu Apr 27 20:12:48 UTC 2017

Hello Friends,
At our state Convention, we passed a resolution in opposition to SB 43 which seeks to weaken the ability of an individual to prove that there has been discrimination.  This bill is gaining traction and it is now time for us to take action.

Please contact your State Representative<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ACLUpf2JB58zeNxxz4PPSHJ6s2qwANCVqi3ZT8YiOfJM1_d6ibfGHa-BkxrpLAaqemv09OnKm9FQJTH6JB0Ivwg7_71_MEaNSQXelqmZkfI20O7pXPFQ9bKFor1uGr58lb1Rycnid4ycK9_elRGzZSWIOG2EP5B8hlvgcfN0TOyp9VdoSp4ZH5xLXhffgAifns5zBsCULG0v2LqlM-t-TdjlIhpT9n9cX4mNVcsYRG4=&c=Ph2mVFs3WWbPW5V17UaI4SQ3eZ5cFS3B9J0wp-l2BRl9GmEO-ektbQ==&ch=ZE_guMztGqVBlrHFSM54t2Q7XmsHTFppkeSBPO28v40br_GimxWOKA==> regarding SB 43<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ACLUpf2JB58zeNxxz4PPSHJ6s2qwANCVqi3ZT8YiOfJM1_d6ibfGHXTA0miI5MDcyDGItabSDTCYbJIDu5Msm_xWCJ28JFmjZjKbs_L6eHkuOiRcJKBWcZH7puBS0-rA0wJC4naXawhmZSqTaUe7QX2sgCy_dw0tixbFICEDUmiEjzErVvLVqHvN_e09xXkOPb6hLoejk9bd0LPkQE6izpAmy9Ch6Z3lcBhN4jfZITQRd4HnvKNlHoHt1t8_cX82my2GMt-YH_o=&c=Ph2mVFs3WWbPW5V17UaI4SQ3eZ5cFS3B9J0wp-l2BRl9GmEO-ektbQ==&ch=ZE_guMztGqVBlrHFSM54t2Q7XmsHTFppkeSBPO28v40br_GimxWOKA==> - Sen. Romine's changes to the Human Rights Act would dismantle protections and make it more difficult for employees to prove discrimination. This is one vote from the governor's desk. Call/email now. Legislator look up here: http://house.mo.gov/legislatorlookup.aspx

This bill would also impact funding of the Human Rights Commission which does provide interventions in housing discrimination for all Missourians in a protected class.

Additionally, sending letters to the editor would be helpful.  If we can not only reach our legislators but also create a statewide outrage,  then there is a better chance of getting the Governor to not sign the bill.  We should also encourage members of our chapters, our friends and co-workers to call the Governor's office at 573-751-3222 and tell them to ask the Governor to veto this bill if it hits his desk.

Thank you all for your hard work,
Roger Crome
President Mineral Area Chapter