[Nfbmo] Rest Area Commercialization- Write Your Member of Congress

Gene Fleeman gfleeman55 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:47:25 UTC 2017

        F.Y.I.

Dear friends of blind entrepreneurs.

Over the last few weeks, momentum is growing for commercialization of our
interstate rest areas. A bill has been introduced in the House of
Representatives. The President’s proposed budget for FY 2018 communicated
support for the idea. The infrastructure bill that will presumably be
introduced next year is expected to include the option of commercialization
of the rest areas through public private partnerships. Almost 400 blind
entrepreneurs could lose their businesses.

The threat is real.

We need your help in preventing this from happening. We need for you to
contact your members of Congress today to tell them you oppose
commercialization of the interstate rest areas. We’ve made it easy for you.
Go to the link below:

https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbaction

and send a letter to your two U.S. Senators and House member. The website
will automatically find your members for you. It is as simple as 1-2-3-4.

1.  Review the letter on the website that has been drafted for you to send;

2.  Fill in all of the blanks with your contact information;

3.  Click on “Preview Letters”;

4.  Click on “Send All Letters”

It couldn’t be any easier.

But don’t stop there:

1.  Get all of your friends and family members to send letters;

2.  Poste the link on your Facebook Page or Twitter account and encourage
followers to help out the cause;

3.  Contact your member of Congress’ local office and ask for a meeting
when they are home in a few weeks for the summer recess. We will be sharing
talking points for such meetings or you can go to our website at
www.blindmerchants.org to review them.Talking points will be up soon.

We need every U.S. Senator and member of Congress to receive as many
letters as possible and we need them from as many different addresses as
possible. If every blind entrepreneur sends a letter and gets 4 other
people to do the same, we will generate over 10,000 letters. We can beat
that.

Nicky Gacos, President

NABM

*Don’t sit on the sidelines. Get involved*

Sent from my iPhone