[Nfbmo] Keep the Wunders in your thoughts and prayers

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 18:26:10 UTC 2017

I want to thank all of you who have extended your hearts, your thoughts,
your prayers, and your good wishes for our family. Debbie and I were in DC
when we learned that her mom had taken at least one fall. She has COPD, a
progressively destructive lung disease. We know of nothing to halt let alone
reverse the destruction that takes place, the result being that she takes in
less oxygen and is less able to expel the carbon dioxide that we normally
produce.

It is clear now that she can no longer live without someone being there full
time. We have not figured out as a family how we can make this happen, but I
am guessing that Debbie will be spending a great deal of her time with
Shirley for as long as she continues to be with us. We live a block and 1/2
from her, so we thank God that we are able to walk to and from and not incur
a great deal of transportation expense.

Although I think Debbie's side of the family will do everything they can to
help, the fact that we live close, that each brother has a business he must
run, and that the responsibility more often than not falls to the daughter
means that Debbie will likely be Shirley's primary caretaker for as long as
Debbie can. Thank you for your kindness, your understanding, and your love.