[Nfbmo] Debbie's Mother

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 11 02:48:20 UTC 2017

Shirley Sutton died last evening at around 10:30. We delayed in talking
about this publicly because some members of the family have been very upset
when they learn of the death of a loved one through what they see as a hard
cold post when what they need is someone who cares with whom to commiserate.

Shirley was a strong advocate for her daughter when the word advocate hadn't
really been coined so she accepted the role as a fighter. She loved the work
we do in the Federation, was a member, and had a very correct view about the
kindness and gentleness of her daughter and a somewhat inflated view of the
editor of the Braille Monitor.

Her wonderful soul has gone from us, but I suspect it has as many souls
rejoicing for their gain as are the number of souls feeling a bit tearful
today. Thank you to all who pray for those who are left to grieve her loss
as we also celebrate her good fortune.