[Nfbmo] Our 2017 Jeff City Legislative Seminar

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 05:50:06 UTC 2017

Hello Federation Friends,

I would like to thank everyone who helped with our 2017 Legislative Seminar.
There's always those that start work weeks before the event to get
everything we need in place for a productive seminar.

A special thanks to Rita Lynch for securing meet-up locations to use as our
command post, Carol and Elisabeth Coulter for preparing the packets and
getting them to Jefferson City, Daniel Garcia and the PR Committee for a
fine press release, and GA Committee Members and Chapter Presidents who
helped to gather information and schedule appointments.

As we began our visits at the capitol on Monday, everyone seemed ready to
go. As the morning progressed the momentum increased. We were very
successful in meeting directly with a number of House and Senate members on
Monday afternoon.

By the end of the first day we heard and confirmed that RSMo 311.328
Regarding accepted forms of identification for proof of age when purchasing
alcohol was revised effective August 28, 2016. We had made many efforts to
track proposed amendments late in the session last May, we were unable to
verify that anything made it through. So though we were surprised we were
delighted that the out-of-state identification is now an accepted form of
identification. The newly revised statute has been posted on our webpage and
this change is a direct result of the groundwork we began at last year's
Jeff City Legislative Seminar. .

On Monday evening we met-up at the Baymont end for dinner and briefings on
the day's progress and the work still ahead of us.

Tuesday morning started early to allow us an opportunity to meet with
legislators before session began. By early afternoon, Federationists
completed the job we had come to do in our annual Jeff City Seminar.

Thank you to all who participated in our two day season opener. The
follow-up on the appointments, attendance at committee hearings, calls to
action posted here are all ways you can help throughout the remainder of the
legislative session. Even if you were not able to be with us this week in
Jefferson City, you can still participate. There's lots of session left and
we often get unexpected issues that can arise.

Stay Tune!

Shelia